Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Last in a long list of visitors

It's been nearly 7 months since my last post, so I figured it's high time I add something new. I can't imagine trying to write about everything that's happened since February, so I'll start with something a bit easier: photos. I said goodby to Sarah Farber at the airport yesterday, last in my long list of visitors, and it got me thinking about what a huge part of my DR experience hosting friends and family from home has been. It's been so much fun to share my life here with everyone, from motorcycle rides up to the coffee farms to sleeping inside a mosquito net and bathing with a bucket (when we're lucky enough to have water), and I'm honored that so many people from home were able to travel to the Caribbean to see it all. Thank you!!! Still interested in coming down but think you missed your chance? I'll be here until late November and my door's always open... as the saying goes, mi casa es su casa!

4 comments:

christy said...

WOW, I just ran across your posts while searching for recipies from Barahona. I was just there 9-26->10-4. I come from Washington State to a medical clinic in Barahona to do surgery with medical teams. Children of the nations. I love the time I spend there and the people. I hope to come more frequently and for longer periods.Keep up the good work. God Bless, Christy

Michael Ward said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael Ward said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael Ward said...

Hi Melissa! I hope you're doing well, come see us in Spokane sometime!