Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Site news and photos

Finally, I know my site--and I love it! I'll be in Enriquillo, a small town on the southern coast not too far from the Haitian border, working with an organic coffee cooperative and a newly-formed women's group that just received 14 pregnant cows. I'm incredibly excited about the work I'll be doing (I'll add more details later, as they become known) and fortunately for everyone who was thinking of visiting, the site is absolutely gorgeous.

My new home, Enriquillo.




Just a short walk down the path behind my new host family's house. Rough, eh?



The view looking south towards the ocean from one of the coffee farms.



My new project partner, Maria, in front of her house in Enriquillo.


Coop workshop in the mountains last week.



Picking coffee in Jarabacoa!

No comments: